Wednesday 18 April 2012

Battle Of The Concealers!


Hi guys, well i have this real issue with concealers! i actually only own these three as ones i have had in the past i just DONT like and have thrown away! so any suggestions and help on this topic would really really help me!

the three concealers are-
benefit boi-ing in shade02
17 hide away in shade medium
collection 2000 lasting perfection in shade medium


so let me start with the most costly concealer and the one that i thought i was going to absolutely fall in love with! Boi-ing concealer by benefit is a beautifully packaged product as always by this brand and to look and and touch you think it is going to hold up to its description as it says it is an "industrial strength concealer".
the colour is perfect for me but i cannot for the life of me seem to apply this concealer! it is a very hard consistency and when applied when you start to blend it seems to rub straight back off again!
i have used my finger a brush and a pad to try and get round this issue but it seems to do exactly the same with every applicator! which is a shame as the colour is great for me! at £16.50 this is an expensive product to not be able to use so was quite disappointed.


Next is the "17 Hide Away" liquid concealer,i have this is the shade medium this is a really good product if you are trying to hide a light blemish or shadow, it goes on easily, it blends evenly and is a all round nice product, but yes there is a small but, i would only suggest using this IF it is a light blemish you are trying to hide! its not a thick concealer and doesnt have the stay power ive been after! so for everyday use to hide those little face glitches you dont like it fine. at £3.99 its a great price and worth its value.


AND FINALLY!!! THE WINNING ONE FOR ME!!! now i asked around on twitter some advice from fellow makeup entuiasts about a GREAT COVERING  concealer to hide unwnated blemishes and mostly the dark shadows i  suffer from around my eyes!
suggested this to me and i was over the moon when i purchased this product! at £4.19 it is amazing! this liquid concealer is brilliant, it hide all my shadows and blemishes and i couldn't ask for more in a concealer!
the stay power is brilliant and last me all day! application is easy and blends so evenly. so hand down this is my winner! i will 100% be re purchasing this and to be honest i dont know if there is a concealer out there which is better! if you do know of any please do tell me as i would love to try them out.

2 comments:

  1. I have the Collection 2000 Concealer,use it almost every day and love it so I don't actually have to go out and buy a load of different concealers all the time,other ones that I have would be Mac Full Coverage Foundation (I now use it as a concealer) but if you wanted to go for a cheaper price then Max Factor PanStik And Essence Mousse Foundation,I know there actually not concealers but a lot of people including me use them as concealers and find them really good,all give medium-full coverage :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo excellent hun thank you!i do find concealers are the hardest thing to find that actually work the way you want them too! never thought of using foundation for a concealer lol! thank you for the suggestions hun and tips x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...